On tonight's new episodes of 19 Kids and Counting:
"First Grandson Turns One"
- Josh and Anna take their kids shopping to buy decorations and food for Michael's 1st birthday. Josh, Mr. Meat Connoisseur, enjoys selecting high-quality barbecue fixings.
- While in the grocery store, Michael--the sneakiest one-year-old on the block--grabs an egg from the cart and chucks it on the floor.
- Anna shows the drawing of her intricate, three-tiered cake to Amy and Joy, and they set to work. The kids decorate the Rice Krispie blocks that will spell out Michael's name.
- On the day of the party, Josh uses his parents' Duggar-sized grill, installed when they completed the house, for the first time. The kids have a blast trying out the inflatables.
- Meanwhile, the master bakers call in backup to finish assembling the cake. Sierra, a friend of Anna's and known as the Cake Doctor, arrives to lend a hand.
- The ladies kick the camera crew out of the kitchen, and the finished product is soon revealed. Sierra is able to revamp the cake and turn it into a beautiful creation that everybody loves. Everybody but the birthday boy. "The person that seemed to dislike the cake the most was Michael," says Anna.
"Thrill Seeking Duggars"
- The Duggars prepare for another party, this time for Makeda Vanderhoff's 13th birthday. (The Vanderhoffs recently moved to Arkansas and have 21 children, twelve of whom are adopted.) With the help of a few friends, the Duggars prepare dinner for 47.
- It's another big day when Grandma Duggar, Jim Bob, Cousin Amy, and the kids head to Silver Dollar City with a "small" crowd of 50. They are joined by three single moms (one is Debbie Query, the Duggars' music teacher) and their children.
- Michelle and Josie, who is under the weather, spend the morning at home but join the family in the afternoon.
- The group spends the day riding roller coasters. Even Grandma and Jim the Soundman join in on the fun.
- Another birthday? This one is a more intimate affair. Jim Bob and Michelle take Jill to lunch at Green Bean, a restaurant where all ingredients are organic and locally grown, for her 21st birthday.
- A day that many young people use as an excuse to party, Jill prefers to spend with her family. "I really wanted to have a good time with my parents," says the birthday girl.
- Michelle gives Jill a bag of her favorite candies and perfumes, and Jim Bob presents his daughter with a beautiful cross necklace.
- "She is such a loving person, and that is her, that's who she is," says Michelle.
- While at the restaurant, Jill tells her parents about another birthday surprise that she received ... her first speeding ticket. "I got a nice little birthday card last night." Jill, who is taking midwifery classes, was on her way to a birth.
- At age 21, what are Jill's thoughts on the future? "I'm content being single right now, but hopefully in the Lord's time I will be married."
-The Duggars use their home intercom system an average of 15 times a day
-Anna purchased 20 boxes of cake mix for Michael's birthday