Thursday, August 25, 2011

Duggars' Life Verses (Part 4/5)

All this week, we've been sharing the Duggars' life verses, verses that provide personal inspiration and encouragement.

We've revealed the life verses of Michelle (2 Corinthians 12:9), Jim Bob (Romans 8:28), Josh and Anna (Matthew 6:33), Jana (Proverbs 3:5-7), and Jinger (Colossians 3).

Which Bible passage has especially impacted John-David?
Philippians 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (NKJV).

When the going gets rough for twenty-year-old Jill, she remembers Psalm 91 (click here to read), an assuring chapter that describes God as a refuge and fortress.

Joseph, who just turned sixteen, has adopted his father's life verse, Romans 8:28.

Do you have a life verse? If so, we would love to hear it!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these verses. I end each evening with reading them.

    Many blessings,
    Lisa
    http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Kelly. We have been serving the Lord as missionaries in the Dominican Republic for the last 11 yrs. My husband and I have 3 precious children. The Lord gave me Ps. 126:5-6 as a fav verse shortly after coming to Him as a 16 yr old, having never heard the Gospel before, "They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him." - passion for the harvest! My fav. chapter of Scripture is Acts 10, as God reveals His beautiful plan to Peter that His Salvation is not just for the jew, but also for the gentile (that's me:))! Many blessings to you all - what an excellent example of Christ you are for all to see! "Adelante, hermanos!" as we would say in Spanish:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving reading each of the Duggar's life verses and I was so happy when I read that John-David and I share the exact same favourite verse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine is also Philippans 4:13. It has gotten me through many trials in my life. When I was going through something that I knew I needed help from God, I would pray and ask God to give me the strentgh I needed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. JEREMIAH 29:11 is my life verse! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Psalm 103! The rhymed and also the not-rhymed version.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! We answer as many of your questions as we can, but due to the number of comments we receive daily, we are unable to answer every one. Our aim is to post all points of view, but we do not post anything that is profane, insulting, derogatory, or in poor taste.