Tonight on "19 Kids and Counting" Kids to the Rescue...
- Jim Bob and Michelle, along with Gil and Kelly Bates, headed off to El Salvador. During their trip, the couples met with government officials to advocate for a quicker adoption process for Americans trying to adopt Salvadoran children.
- To prevent chaos from taking over while Mom and Dad were gone, the older Duggar girls and Anna planned plenty of fun activities for the kids, including go-cart races and homemade ice cream. The latter didn't go so well, but Anna pulled out some store-bought ice cream just before things got ugly.
- While Jim Bob and Michelle were gone, Josie developed a mild fever. One night, the girls woke up to discover that her fever had skyrocketed, causing the preemie to experience seizures. Jill called 911.
- "I was in bed sleeping," explained John-David, a member of the volunteer fire department. "I heard my pager go off, and I thought, 'man, that address sounds so familiar,' and then I remembered, 'oh, that's our address."'
- Paramedics arrived, and John-David and the girls rode with Josie to the hospital. When the preemie was stabilized, Jill called her parents in El Salvador, and Jim Bob and Michelle immediately flew home. When they arrived in Arkansas, Josie was doing very well, and the two were impressed by their kids' maturity in dealing with the situation.
- Missed the episode? Click here to see a short video of Michelle giving Jim Bob a new do just before departing for El Salvador. "He's my most talkative client...The rest of them just sit there and I do it, but Dad, he likes to give me some instructions," says the mom of 19. Jim Bob was a little shocked at how much Michelle cut off, but when he realized he looked 20 years younger, he was content!
- Michelle flew out to meet the rest of the family in Colorado Springs, leaving Josie in the hands of a trusted friend. The kids enjoyed Whit's End, an indoor play area modeled after Focus on the Family's Adventures in Odyssey radio show. The best part was the three-story slide!
- The following day, the Duggars encouraged a crowd of 1,800 with Jim Bob and Michelle's testimonies and music from the kids.
- After the speaking engagement with Focus on the Family, Michelle flew home to Josie, and Jim Bob and the kids, as well as Josh and Anna, headed off to the Royal Gorge canyon. Highlights of their visit included crossing the suspension bridge 956 feet above the Arkansas River, riding the gondola, and braving the Skycoaster.