There's nothing better than fresh pancakes on a sunny morning. What kind of pancakes do the Duggars like? Oatmeal!
- 2 c. quick oats
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 2 1/2 c. buttermilk
- 1 c. flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- 1 T. sugar
- 1/3 c. salad oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Combine oats, soda, buttermilk. Let stand 5 min.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, & sugar.
- Combine oat mixture, oil, & eggs.
- Add dry ingredients & stir till blended.
- Cook on lightly greased griddle or skillet.
*Yield 14-16 Pancakes.
*Substitute buttermilk for 2 1/2 cups milk or 2 1/4 cups milk and 2 tablespoons white vinegar or lemon juice.
*Add more or less salt based on personal preference.
*Use any kind of oil.
*This recipe is very tasty and healthy, too! At our breakfast table, everyone likes a different topping. Some suggestions are yogurt, applesauce, syrup, peanut butter, jelly and honey.
See more delicious Duggar recipes on our Recipes page!
Do you like oatmeal pancakes? Feel free to try this recipe and post critiques and reviews!