Jim Bob and Josh finish off their weight-loss challenge with one final competition (video below):
Friday, May 17, 2013
Thursday, May 16, 2013
Tuesday on 19 Kids and Counting...
- When Josh is offered a job in Washington D.C., he and Anna seek wise counsel from Jim Bob and Michelle.
- "I'd hate to see the grandkids grow up without us being there," says Jim Bob. "I think they really need to pray about this decision.
- "Just the change of going from two children to three children in huge," says Anna. "Adding on top of that the possibility of moving to D.C.... sometimes it's too much for me to think about. We're just kind of weighing our options and trying to see how this is all going to unfold." Tune in next week to hear their final decision.
- Jill and Jana assist at another homebirth. Due to a defect in the umbilical cord, the girls and their birthing team decide to send the baby to the hospital. "We had never seen this specific defect before," says Jill. "But we wanted to make sure that baby was doing okay. Everything was great, as far as we could tell. His vitals were amazing, but we knew that on the inside things still weren't right."
- Samuel Arlington Barnes IV has corrective surgery and does not experience any lasting effects from the omphalocele. According to his mom, he is "doing fabulous."
- "Jill and Jana have been amazing students," says Vanessa, the midwife that the girls are apprenticing under. "Especially when it comes to fully taking care of our clients. They are ready for any emergency that arises, and they are extremely loving to the clients. And they both soak up so much information. They're like sponges."
- The family heads to Texas for Joseph's graduation from ALERT Academy (Air Land Emergency Response Team) and a demonstration of the skills he has learned. After being away from Joseph for nine weeks, the Duggars are thrilled to see him.
- When they arrive, Joseph is standing at attention. "It was hard to just walk up to the little yellow line there, not to be able to go and just run and grab him and give him a big hug," says Jana.
- Jim Bob can hardly contain his joy. "We love you Joseph. Blink once if you love us back," says the father of 19. Joseph blinks.
- At graduation, Joseph is commended for his personal excellence, endurance hike, and Scripture memory. When the ceremony is finally over, the entire family runs over to Joseph and embraces him.
- "I enjoyed the physical training and stuff like that," says Joseph. "But being away from family is so hard."