On tonight's episode of "19 Kids and Counting," 38 Kids and Counting...
- On their way home from Atlanta, the Duggars stop in Tennessee to visit Gil and Kelly Bates and their 18--soon to be 19--children. They enjoy riding horses, chopping down trees (the Bates have a tree-trimming service), playing fiddle, and chatting up a storm.
- Two years ago, the Jim Bob and Michelle helped the Bates add an addition to their house as a Mother's Day present for Kelly. What began as a simple laundry room that would be completed in a weekend quickly turned into a three-story addition that took over a year to build! Now, the project is finished, and both families are able to enjoy their handy work.
- Jim Bob and Gil wholeheartedly believe that they are the happiest, richest men in the world. "I know I tease about Bill Gates being rich," says Gil. "And I'm Gil Bates. We're direct opposites, but I'm really really rich, richer in anything that really counts."
- What news does Zach Bates have to share? He has entered into a courtship with Sarah Reith! The two are as happy as can be. Congratulations, Zach and Sarah!
- Will there be any Duggar-Bates courtships in the future? "I wouldn't be surprised if somebody, somewhere, ends up doing something!" says Jill. But she also clears up a misconception: "A lot of people do like to assume that because the Bates and our family are so much alike, that everybody down the line--birth order--is going to marry the person right across. But it doesn't actually work that way."
- "We'll wait and see what the Lord has in store," says Michelle.
- After unplugging the bus toilet and fixing the air conditioner, the Duggars are ready to head out. Hugs all around (even from some of the boys!), Josie blows kisses, and they're off!