Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Michelle and Jim Bob's First Date

Did you know that Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar, parents of 19 children, were high school sweethearts?
Jim Bob visited Michelle's house with a friend. Michelle, age 15, barely remembers the meeting, but it changed Jim Bob's life. As he sat there in Michelle's living room, it was love at first sight. It wasn't until a year later that Jim Bob, one year older than Michelle, mustered up the courage to ask her out on a date. After attending a banquet at Jim Bob's school, the two gathered in Michelle's living room once again, but this time they talked for four hours! By then, Michelle was convinced that Jim Bob was the man for her.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I believe in love at first sight, but it's not like that in all cases. Some people know the second they meet their future spouse, but others don't realize until later. Either way, it's a time to be cherished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband says he knew from the moment he met me. I was like Michelle, completely in the dark. I definetly believe in it. We have been married 23 years this year.

    Angel in PA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fell in love with my husband the minute I saw him for the first time. We have been married for 39 years this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your comments! We answer as many of your questions as we can, but due to the number of comments we receive daily, we are unable to answer every one. Our aim is to post all points of view, but we do not post anything that is profane, insulting, derogatory, or in poor taste.